Tabitha offers Nebraska’s first and only comprehensive line of Elder Care services. Through advanced in-home support, innovative living communities, exceptional rehabilitation services, experienced skilled nursing care and compassionate hospice support, Tabitha is your answer for Elder Care in southeast Nebraska.
This position is responsible for cleanliness of physical plant and environment including maintaining equipment. This position is responsible for delivery of quality service, promoting good public relations, and for upholding the mission and standards of the facility. This position is responsible for supporting Tabitha’s philosophy of L.I.V.E: Love your job, Invite optimism, Vision success, Embrace the Mission.
1. Demonstrates commitment to Tabitha’s Crew Code of conduct.
2. Cleans assigned areas of the nursing home physical plant.
3. Removes trash and cleans trash and infectious waste receptacles.
4. Maintains cleaning equipment to ensure good working condition.
5. Assists other departmental staff as requested by housekeeping supervisor.
6. Communicates with residents and staff regarding cleaning schedule to ensure
efficient service to residents.
7. Participates as a team member to ensure that the department workload and facility goals are met.
8. Organizes and prioritizes work to complete responsibilities according to plan within established time frames.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of department and facility policies and procedures.
10. Follows all safety and infection control policies and practices of the facility and regulatory agencies.
11. Assures delivery of optimum service by reporting to work on time, as scheduled and/or providing appropriate advance notification.
12. Participates in performance improvement/quality assurance activities.
13. Participates in personal and professional growth by attending mandatory inservices and scheduled department meetings.
14. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Answers and directs telephone calls in the department.
EDUCATION/TRAINING, AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Eighth grade or equivalent preferred.
6 months custodial/housekeeping work experience required.
Knowledge of tile floor and carpet care helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to read and understand label instructions as well as read and understand safety regulations. Ability to cope with repetitive tasks and to be flexible in order to coordinate housekeeping duties with staff schedules. Simple organizational skills required.
Indoor work. Direct contact with chemicals may cause skin or eye irritation. Occasional work at nights. May be exposed to blood and body fluids including urine and feces. Must be knowledgeable of, and follow, all safety procedures for position in order to prevent injury to self and others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB
This position requires physical stamina involving walking, stooping, climbing, crouching, crawling and standing for long periods. Required to lift 50 pounds.
Continuous use of: Doodle duster, Mop and bucket, Vacuum
Occasional use of: Wet/dry vac, Telephone, Scrubber
STATEMENT OF EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Tabitha Health Care Services is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all employment practices and decisions including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, and the termination of employment.
Furthermore, Tabitha Health Care Services will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship, safety, and/or health risk. Please contact Tabitha Health Care Services Human Resources Department to request an accommodation.
As a government contractor, the organization has adopted written Affirmative Action Plans for women and minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. These plans will be revised on an annual basis. Tabitha Health Care Services is committed to making a good-faith effort toward achieving the objectives of the Plans. Any employee who would like to review the Plans may do so by scheduling an appointment with the Human Resources Department during normal business hours.